Where We’re Going, and Where We’ve Been

The Daily Toki is back in business!  First, I want to say how much I’ve missed blogging, and connecting with all of our friends and readers.  Miss Toki has been a little sad too.  She likes getting her picture taken.  (Not really . . . but she’s a good sport about it 🙂 )

I’ve gotten emails and Facebook messages from several of my blogging buddies, and I want to apologize for the radio silence.  So . . . what have we been up to in the five months?  I hope I didn’t scare anyone with my last posts, where I mentioned that I was feeling “sick as a dog”.  It was all true, but for a good reason.  Miss Toki is expecting a new sis – and not the doggy kind!!  I had extreme morning sickness starting in November . . . and I spent most of that month bedridden and miserable.  I didn’t feel up to doing much of anything until about mid-January.  So I have about 3 or four months of unanswered email that’s still piled up in my inbox.

As you can see, it’s all good news, but lots of changes too!  Toki has been taking it all in stride.  And she’s had the chance to spend a lot more time with Josh during the past months.  But now that I’m feeling more peppy, I know she’s itching to have some more big adventures.

In fact, this brings me to my second piece of big news.  Josh, Toki and I are moving back east!  Josh and I have spent 8 years in Southern California, and Toki was born here.  We love the bountiful sunshine, raw wilderness, and big mountains of our adopted state, but we’re looking forward to the new adventures on the horizon.  We’re moving to Ohio (my native state), where Toki will get to try her hand at the country life.  (Any tips – City Dog/Country Dog?)

We’re planning our cross country move in mid-April.  I will be taking the train, and Josh and Toki will be trucking it on the interstate.  So I look forward to re-connecting, and to sharing our adventures to come.  It’s going to be a wild ride . . . but I know Toki is up for anything.

This entry was posted in Photo Post, Stories and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Where We’re Going, and Where We’ve Been

Welcome back!

2. Bassas Blog says:

Welcome back. Hope everything goes well.

Welcome back! And congrats on both your big newses (new word). Hoping your packing and moving go smoothly, what an adventure. I am sure your girl will just take it all in stride, she seems very wise. As far as country advice?? I think you will do just fine, more things to eat and roll in maybe? I love it (especially cuz Luna doesn’t roll) and I am sure it will be nice once you get into your groove.
    Anna

Haha. I’m hoping Toki isn’t a roller. My parent’s dog is an expert in rolling in all things smelly. We’ll see if Toki picks up that skill!

4. herdogblog says:

Toki is beautiful. Good luck with your move! We’ll be sure to follow your adventures. 🙂

5. Pat Turner says:

Congratulations! Wondeful news about the new little sis. So glad to hear the happy news and that you are OK. Have a safe trip to Ohio. Looking forward to hearing about your coming adventures.

6. Good luck with all your new adventures:)
    -Kim and Kip

7. Oh my gosh! We’ve missed you! So fun to see you back in biz and hear about your new non-furry-family member! What a gorgeous and healthy kiddy you will have. And Toki will surely be a most excellent and protective sibling! Theo’s best tip for Toki’s new country style livin’ is to wear a bell while running in the woods so all the little critters know he’s coming! (Theo wears a brass bell for precisely this reason. We’d hate for him to get TOO CLOSE to the rodentia and what not since Theo may want to play, but the squirrels definitely would not choose him for their kick ball team. They find his big white teeth a bit scary!) Send us your address, and we’ll send you a bell made in Vermont! Looking forward to your upcoming posts!

What a great idea! I was a little worried about “interactions” with wildlife, because Toki has never been off-leash where any animals roam (the desert is pretty sparsely populated, and those lizards are quick). Thank you for the offer of the Vermont bell! I’ll send you my address. : )

8. We’ve really missed Toki’s presence in the blogosphere! It’s great, though, to be receiving such wonderful news upon your return (has it been five months!? where does the time go?). I’m sure Toki will get acquainted with the countryside and all of its critters just fine. No more trekking on gritty urban streets! 😉

9. PuppyJones says:

Congrats and welcome back!

Those of us in Ohio cannot wait to have you and Josh (and baby) here with us and we can’t wait to meet Toki!

11. Anonymous says:

I was strolling pictures of platypuses when I came across a picture of Toki chewing on a platypus toy. I instantly thought “what kind of dog is that!?”. I only ask because our dog looks almost exactly Ike our Juno. We adopted at about a yr old, and have no idea which breeds combined to make such a beautiful dog!!

Mariah

Hi Mariah – Thanks for stopping by back in July. I’ve been on a maternity hiatus with the blog (our daughter was born July 13!) but I wanted to get back to you. Toki is a husky shepherd mix . . . at least according to a mail in DNA test. 🙂 You can read more about it on a previous post about her Wisdom Panel test results. We love meeting Toki-dog twins!