Let’s Skijor! Ruffwear’s Omnijore System

In anticipation of winter fun, I ordered the new Ruffwear Omnijore System – a dog harness/towline system for all kinds of dog-pulling activities like skijoring, “skatejoring” and canicross!  The Omnijore system is brand new to the Ruffwear line.  And it also won the Outdoor Industry Award’s outdoor accessory gear of the year award for 2011.

The harness fit like a glove, and like all our Ruffwear gear, was sturdy and well designed. Toki seemed psyched when I put it on her – she was ready to go.

On our trail runs, Toki knows that the word “mush” means that she can actually pull on the leash and run like crazy.  I think she’ll be a natural for “joring”.  My only concern is that I’ll be able to get her to stop, once she starts going.

Stay tuned this winter for occasional updates one our Skijoring training!

This entry was posted in Photo Post, Reviews and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Let’s Skijor! Ruffwear’s Omnijore System

Wow! Can’t wait to see this gear in action!

That is very cool. So how do you like it?

We haven’t taken it out for a real spin yet, but the design and construction is great. I want to do some reading on skijor training also. I’m excited about our new project!

3. That is so awesome that you got one of those! I saw it a month or so ago and I SO want to get one for Gretel. Imagine the looks when I go shooshing by someone being pulled by a weiner dog! I think I need to learn how to cross country ski first though. Ha, ha

4. susan says:

Hi there! Susan from Ruff Wear here…thanks for your awesome blog post! I would love to send you one of our 15th Anniversary Collapsible dog bowls. If you’ll email me your mailing address, I’ll get that out to you and Toki. Thanks! susan@ruffwear.com

Hi Susan – Thanks for stopping by! Toki and I are huge Ruff Wear fans! We had also been wanting to try our hands at skijoring, so we were quite excited to see that you came out with your new harness system. I’ll be sure to email you my address.

5. ophirkinkajous says:

Just got the same system for my Aviva. I LOVE IT!

My question to you is, what camera do you have?
    Those are great photos!

Hi – Thanks for stopping by the blog! I have a Nikon D7000, but I also mix it up with plenty of iPhone shots. This particular set of shots was taken with a Nikon 10-24 mm lens, which I was testing. In the end, I settled on another wide angle lens (11-16 mm Tokina). Do you guys already know how to skijor (or a similar “jor” variant)? We are total newbies!

6. eardog says:

Neat! Just posted this awesome story on our FB page. Thanks Toki, you handsome pooch!