Let them eat Foie Gras

When I’ve gone on a trip, I always like to bring back a few presents.  It was in midtown Manhattan, at Rockefeller Center, that I found Miss Toki’s special gift.

I had wandered into Bouchon Bakery, an outpost of Chef Thomas Keller (of The French Laundry fame).  I had just eaten lunch, but that didn’t stop me from wandering into yet another bakery to see what I could see.

Just as I decided that no, I didn’t think I could justify adding one more macaroon to my shopping bags, I spotted a tidy little package labeled “Foie Gras Dog Biscuits“.  My eyes lighted up–as a mostly vegetarian eater, I personally wouldn’t touch foie gras with a ten foot fork, but I knew a little carnivore who would . . . !

I have never seen Toki’s nostrils flare like they did when I cracked open the lid of her foie gras biscuits.

She knew this was something special.

Foie Gras biscuits: for the pup who has everything.

——

This post is part of the Wednesday BlogPaws Blog Hop.  Click on the link to check out all of the participating bloggers!

This entry was posted in Photo Post, Reviews and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Let them eat Foie Gras

1. Kimi says:

WOW~ How fancy! I bet Toki loved them, and what a fun gift to bring home for her. I hope you had a great trip to New York.

Yes – great trip to New York! Those New York dogs sure are a sophisticated lot. I hope Toki doesn’t develop too much of a taste for foie gras . . . : )

2. SUGAR says:

Woof! Woof! Happy “YUMMY” Wednesday. Enjoy your day. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

What a sophisticated palette she is going to have! What’s next – caviar treats???

4. Fois gras dog biscuits? Miss Toki sure has a sophisticated palette!

5. Chandra says:

Oh la la! I especially love the shot of Toki just peeking over the table edge. What a wonderfully decadent treat!

-Chandra at Daley’s Dog Years

That photo was so funny – I kept trying to get her eyes peeking over the edge of the table, and she kept ducking her head lower to avoid the camera lens. She was trying to be very polite, in the hopes that I’d give her the biscuit!