A little bird told me . . .

This weekend, I finally learned about . . . Twitter!  Yes, Twitter!

Despite writing two blogs, managing three Facebook pages, posting occasional youtube videos and updating my Flickr account with a steady stream of photos, I had always avoided the dreaded Twitter.  I had no idea how to use it, why I’d want to use it, and no inclination to ever use it. . . . until this weekend.  Spurred on by my inability to understand what the heck happened in the Twitter-related incidents that have been reported of late (yes, I’m referring to the situation surrounding a certain Rep. Weiner), I finally decided that I needed to learn about Twitter.

And guess what, it’s actually really fun!  I just subscribed to about 30 new Twitter feeds, and the best part about it is that I can go highbrow (the Economist and the World Economic Forum feeds) to lowbrow (TMZ and Perez Hilton), all in one little application.  I’m still in awe of people who can maintain posts on their own Twitter accounts, but at least I’m dipping my toe in the Twitter pool.

That leads me to a request to all of my readers: I want to hear from you!  May I please follow you on Twitter?  Post your Twitter handles in the comments below, and I promise I’ll subscribe!  Also, if you have any pet-related Twitter feeds that you think are particularly fun, feel free to suggest them.  I’m a Twitter newbie.  I need all the help I can get.

This entry was posted in Photo Post and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to A little bird told me . . .

1. jen says:

@inubakablog
    I don’t know how to do it on wordpress, but blogger and twitter have a sync feature where all your blog posts become twitter feed posts.

• Jennifer says:

Twitter? Are you kidding? I’m the lone holdout who still isn’t on Facebook! So – dare I ask? Is that Peggy the peacock??????????

Haha – not Peggy, or Peter! This is actually a peacock we saw in Scotland a while back . . . but it was the best bird picture I had!

Thanks Jen – will subscribe! And thanks for the tip. I think we’ll stay on the Twitter sidelines for now, until we get the hang of how it works . . . : )

Tweet, twitter, tweets are nutty

3. We love reading about Toki and admiring her pictures so much that we wanted to award you with the Versatile Blogger Award that’s been floating around the blogosphere! Please check out our blog for details. 🙂

• I haven’t hopped onto the Twitter bandwagon… yet, but I’ve been meaning to create an account because Twitter seems like a fun way to stay connected.

Please let me know about your experiences with Twitter! I think a need a bit more feedback before I take the plunge, but Oscar and I WILL have a Twitter account someday! 😀

A nice way to try it out is to set up a Twitter account and just follow people. That’s what I’m doing. It figure it will give me a sense of how people like to use Twitter before I jump in and start Tweeting myself. Plus, I have my hands full with blogging these days!

Thank you!!! We’re so excited to receive the versatile blogger award from Oscah Baby!

4. Puppy Jones says:

Hi Toki! We’re @puppyjones and our mummy is @puppyjoneslove! glad you finally joined twitterville!

5. Kame says:

What a coincidence 😉 we just made a twitter account too, it’s under kame_kroten (or you can just click it from our newest post). Mommy decided to make separate account for us as she often tweeted strange things ;p

By the way,do check our newest page, we have nice picture of me browsing your lovely blog…maybe you’re interested

I love your gratitude page!! I’m so honored that Kame and Kroten enjoyed browsing The Daily Toki. And thanks for the heads up about your Twitter feed. I’m signing up right now!

6. Ugh! I don’t do Twitter. I have enough to do as it is and it seems silly (cause I am old, Ha, ha). Sounds like you might have been in that boat though (except the old part) so maybe, just maybe you have inched me a tiny but closer to biting the bullet and giving it a try 🙂

I’m just testing the waters . . . I’m not sure I could handle another obligation either! But it’s fun to be able to get running updates of news and tidbits from all your friends.