SPLASH dogs

I’m already looking forward to summer, when I want to reintroduce Toki to the beach.  The first time she caught sight of the ocean, she ran straight into the waves and got bowled over.  But she seemed happy and was totally fearless.  On subsequent visits, she was a little more wary of the waves.

Maybe one day Toki will be as water savvy as these Splash Dogs!

Splash Dogs will be holding events at

Phoenix Pet Expo

Website: San Jose Flea Market
Online Registration and Information

Pet Wellness & Adoption Festival
Reno, NV
May 28, 2011
Website: Pet Wellness & Adoption Festival

Have you ever participated in a dock jumping event with your dog?  If you have, how did you get started?  For those who might want to try it out, check out the Splash Dogs newcomers guide.

This entry was posted in Events, Photo Post and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to SPLASH dogs

I MUST take Luna to the beach soon.. wyatt too for that matter. Maybe we should take a trip before the season starts… I think they would both love it.

As far as the dock jumping… Wyatt might do some, but I already know Luna is too much of a thinker to jump off things more than once. I’ve already tried 😉
    Great photos thanks for sharing
    Anna

I’m sooo curious to take Miss Toki to a dock jumping event, but I think I’d better get her more warmed up to the idea of swimming with some trips to the beach first.

2. Kas says:

Ooooh great pictures! We want to try dock-diving with Kylie one day – she goes to water like a fish!

3. I have seen this on TV a few times and it is fun to watch. Maybe I could train the weenies to do it? Ha, ha.

That was a fun event. Some of those doggys really get some air
    Snuggles and snorts,

The height on some of those jumps were unbelievable. And from some other photos that I saw from the event, it looks like the jumps got more spectacular later in the week, as the competition progressed. I took these photos on the first day, when everyone was still kind of warming up.

5. Gus is not a fan of the water, so he definitely won’t be participating in dock diving anytime soon – it should be interesting how he handles our drive up the west coast. We will be making lots of beach stops, so hopefully he comes around!

It might be helpful to introduce Gus to the waves when some other dogs are around — like at a dog beach — so he feels reassured and also a little curious to check out the water. We’re all looking forward to some Gus beach pics!