Some furry faces from America’s Family Pet Expo 2011

Over the weekend, we attended America’s Family Pet Expo.  The event was huge–spread out over the Orange County fairgrounds.  Here are just some of the furry faces from the first day of the pet expo:

We saw flying dogs . . .

. . . (at the “Splash Dogs” dock jumping event) . . .

. . . and puppies looking for a good home.

This guy was from Pet Matchmaker Rescue.

And this is his brother.

We hope they found a new family over the weekend!

These adorable weiners were from the Foxy Doxy Rescue, which also had a booth at the Pet Expo.

In addition to the adoption organizations, a lot of interesting breeds were represented at the expo by breed clubs.  Did you know that the Coton de Tulear is a hypoallergenic breed from Madagascar whose ancestors lived on pirate ships?

Everywhere I looked, there were more dogs to pet . . .

. . . and puppies to hug!

Some very clever dogs entertained the crowds . . .

. . . while others did lap duty.

And of course, some faces didn’t belong to dogs at all!

There were so many interesting sights at the pet expo, I’ll be posting more photos and some product reviews the rest of this week and next.

P.S. The Daily Toki is on Facebook!  We’d love it if you visited us there or just stopped by to say “hi”.  It’s easy to find us — just click on the Facebook badge on the right column of our blog.  Thank you for reading!

– – – – –

This post is part of the Blog Paws Wednesday blog hop.

Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links…

This entry was posted in Events, Photo Post and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Some furry faces from America’s Family Pet Expo 2011

1. Sugar says:

Woof! Woof! HOW FUN!!! I alwasy want to be part of the SPLASH Dog events. Happy Wednesday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Sugar would have fit right in – there were a lot of beautiful golden retrievers and labs making huge jumps. The nice thing about the splash events is that they encourage newcomers to try out in their practice pool.

Did Toki attend the Expo as well????

Unfortunately, you weren’t allowed to bring pets (I could imagine the pandemonium), but I don’t think she minded. Josh was working from home that day, so they got to hang out together in Venice.

3. Tammy says:

Wow! Looks like such great fun! What wonderful pictures!!

4. Wow, what a fun event and some great pictures too.
    Licks,
    Sabrina

We can’t believe you were there too! We’s volunteered

6. Kristen says:

Great photos. I have a friend from a dog forum which I am active on who also attended and got some amazing action photos of all the sporting and trick dogs. I really wish they had something like this near me. It looks like it was so much fun to attend!

7. Kristin G. says:

That looks like such a fun event. Great photos!!

8. ann says:

thanks for letting dave & me follow you around–i’m still on cloud nine from petting all of those pups (and pony)! we’re already talking about going back next year!

9. Oskar says:

It looks like a great event!

My name is Oskar & I have a blog that I’d love for you to check out, http://www.PetBlogsUnited.com. It’s a great place for pet bloggers to find each other and get some exposure!

Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

10. So many cute doggies! Those are beautiful doxies at the rescue. I hope all of the dogs found good homes. I am soooooo excited to go when the Expo comes to Washington.

11. I’m regretting being so busy the weekend of the Pet Expo! Oh well, there’s always next year!

12. You got some great shots…the puppy in the third photo totally melted my heart. I hope they all found homes – I know I wish we could adopt them all. 🙂

Looking forward to your product reviews. I hope you got some good stuff!

There weren’t a ton of products at the pet expo, which was kind of interesting. (In that way, it turned out to be a lot less commercial and more about the dogs–and other animals–themselves, which was kind of cool.) But there were a few really standout start-ups and organizations which I’m looking forward to introducing you to. My only wish was that there had been more dog treats! Toki was expecting me to bring her back a big haul . . .

13. Chandra says:

What a fun day – I’m marking it down for next year. How cool is the Coton de Tulear’s history? I just recently learned of the breed when I fostered a 6-year-old Coton named Sinatra. I sent the sweet little home with his forever family last night – whoohoo!

Man, I want to pet that miniature pony is a bad way!
    -Chandra at Daley’s Dog Years