It turns out that one of the unexpected pleasures of blogging is making new friends. As nice as it is to send out daily updates into cyberspace, it’s even more amazing and gratifying to get a response back from the internet ether. Someone is out there listening?
Not only have I met new readers through The Daily Toki, I’ve also met new bloggers. Since I started exploring the world of dog blogging, I’ve stumbled upon quite a few fun blogs and websites. And now it’s actually getting kind of hard to keep track of all my new finds, which is why I’ve decided to start a blogroll of my favorite Blogger Buddies.
According to blogossary.com, a blogroll is “a list of links to other blogs or websites that the author of the blog regularly likes to read.” I already had a blogroll of interesting websites in my sidebar. But these sites tend to be commercial and news websites rather than personal blogs. So I’m adding a special blogroll, called “Blogger Buddies”, that contains the links to my fellow blogger friends. These are interesting personal blogs that are usually updated fairly regularly, and that I will be reading, week after week.
I’ve started out with a small list of blogs (like You did What with Your Weiner, According to Gus, Puppy Jones, and The Daily Baily, to name just a few), but I plan to add more sites as I expand my reading circle. I’ve only scratched the surface of the dog blogs out there, so if you have a suggestion for a website, or want to be added to my Blogger Buddies list, please let me know!! In the meantime, check out the Blogger Buddies links and descriptions, and meet my new friends.
- According to Gus – Meet Gus, the charismatic star of this blog, which contains product reviews, great tips, and of course, Gus’s latest adventures.
- Daily Bailey – This talented blogger features daily pictures of her pup Bailey, with guest appearances by her foster dogs.
- Images & Thoughts Photography Blog – Rachel Lauren updates her blog regularly with beautiful photos of dogs and wolves.
- My Tail Hurts from Wagging so Much – Michelle and Toby tackle all things related to doggie lifestyle, sprinkled with a healthy dose of sweet Toby portraits.
- Polar the Lightning – A blog from across the pond… the Pacific pond that is. Polar is an Alaskan Malamute living in Shaxi, China.
- Puppy Jones – This talented couple perfectly capture the amusing and sweet moments of living with our doggie friends in a series of comics and blog posts. And what dog lover can resist a comic with a cast that includes “curly poo”?
- Sabrina’s Pug Tails – Who doesn’t love a pug? Check out this blog for pug tails, a bacon cookie recipe, and more.
- The Daily Puglet My original inspiration to start a dog blog (besides Toki of course!), this blog is funny, irreverent, and yes, filled with all things pug.
- The (mis)Adventures of Sage – Toki wishes she could play in the mud as much as Sage, the Portland star of this blog. Follow Sage’s adventures here.
- The Dogs of Greenhill Farm – Ever wonder what it would be live with 370 sheep and six dogs? Read this blog to find out.
- Two Dogs, One Camera, Priceless Moments – Check out this blog if you’re an agility hound.
- You Did What With Your Weiner – I was captivated by the name, and kept coming back for the content. Chester and Gretel are two adventurous weiners that demonstrate that size doesn’t matter!