Guess what I did on my spring break . . .

Hi readers and friends!  I’m back from my wordpress break, and feeling digitally refreshed!

Over Memorial Day weekend, we went back to the family homestead, and I tromped around the woods with Twiggy.  Then Josh and I took a bourbon-tasting road trip through Kentucky bluegrass country.  Exactly what was needed to restore the spirits.  It was also great to be back east, right at the cusp of summer, when everything is green, fresh and full of promise.  (In southern California, when you have 70 degree, mostly-sunny weather practically year round, spring can be a little anti-climactic, to say the least.  Not that I’m complaining or anything, but I really miss the changing seasons . . .)

I’ll post more photos and stories from our KY road trip and update you on everything that’s happening here in Venice, CA in the next week.  In the meantime, have a great Monday- and I look forward to catching up more on The Daily Toki!!

This entry was posted in Photo Post and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Guess what I did on my spring break . . .

1. jen says:

Mmm! Bourbon tasting road trip sounds fantastic!

And Twiggy is so beautiful.

Adventures and hikes!! Whooooa!

3. Chandra says:

Sounds like a blast! And Twiggy is too cute. Looking forward to reading about and seeing more of your Spring Break!

-Chandra at Daley’s Dog Years

4. raisingdaisy says:

Sounds like you had a great time! I know what you mean about the changing seasons – we live on the East Coast, and I’d never want to give up fall and winter (especially fall!). My parents live in southern FL, and it’s just what you say – the same all year round, with minimal temp changes. They love it, but I need the change ;)

5. Welcome back to WordPress! I must admit—I missed seeing pictures of Toki on her adventures. :)

6. It’s wonderful to return home from a nice break feeling all refreshed and revitalized. I’m glad to hear your Kentucky road trip did just that for you. Looking forward to the pictures—and, hopefully, stories of Twiggy. Good thing Miss Toki isn’t the jealous type! ;)

Welcome Back! So sorry we missed you when you were home! I’m sure Twiggy was thrilled to have you here for some adventures! Thanks for bringing the sunshine!

8. You didn’t take Toki with you? I used to explore the woods around my house when I was a kid. I love tromping around in the woods! I am glad you came back feeling refreshed.

Since we were only heading back to Ohio for 6 days, we didn’t want to make Toki ride in the cargo compartment… Unfortunately, we couldn’t buy her a seat in coach! I’m hoping to take Miss Toki on a road trip back to Ohio sometime later this summer though. She needs to meet her big sis Twiggy… plus, she will go wild for all of the green grass and open spaces on my parent’s farm.

9. Ann says:

Welcome back, Christine–love your overalls! And Toki is a beauty, as always!

Heehee – My mom insisted that I wear the overalls and the flannel top. I wore it for fun, and then realized that it was extremely practical for bushwhacking in the woods and fields at the farm (with all of the sharp branches, bugs, poison ivy, and sun). I guess there was a reason that farmers liked to wear them!

10. sounds like you had some awesome adventures back east, however, i’m glad you’re back west ;) Twiggy looks like a super cool dog, i’ll bet you had fun with him

Twiggy is awesome – she accompanies me on all of my farm adventures back home, and is probably the nicest and sweetest dog one could ever meet. : ) I only wish she could meet Toki! Some day . . .

Looking forward to catching up now that we’re both back in town!